Declare Yourself as Part of the 100%
This election year, we've heard the candidates talk about the Constitution and our civil liberties over and over. However, their interpretations of the Constitution often exclude the rights of millions of people in the United States. The American people may be divided between the Tea Party and the Occupy Movement, between the religious right and secular Americans, between Democrats and Republicans... between the 99% and the 1%. But there's one thing that we need to make clear: The Constitution is for the 100%!
The Constitution is for:
- LGBT Americans and straight Americans. The freedom to marry belongs to everyone and our right to love doesn’t evolve.
- Women as well as for men; the right to govern our bodies and our health belongs to us and us alone.
- Immigrants and citizens: human beings can’t be illegal. Everyone deserves to be treated humanely, whether we were born here or not.
- Protects our liberty as well as our privacy and safety. Being safe and free are not mutually exclusive.
- Is for one person, one vote, without restrictions or hurdles and regardless of race or background.
- Is for those of faith and for those who are agnostic or atheist. Freedom of religion applies to all of us and goes hand in hand with the separation of church and state.
Add Your Name
Sign the pledge and let others know why you believe the Constitution is for the 100%.
Start below »